(CUH)chella

Indio Travel Blog

Bloc Party

So we landed at the Thermal airport TRM and there in the terminal was a group of people who were acting really strangely and said they were waiting to pick up a group that was preforming at Coachella, but they said "We are not at liberty of disclosing who we are transporting." BS they just wanted to feel important. If we really wanted to know we could have just hung out there with them. Whoever they are picking up would have to be there sometime. UGH I really hate it when people get an authority complex.

So we get to the polo grounds where all the magic will be taking place. Sold out, but we knew that coming in. So we found the area where they would be selling tickets that the bands didn't use. We were in like with our new friends Chris and John. Luckily they had a fresh bottle of Rum with them and we simply tried to pass the time while trying to not get a third degree sunburn in the 100 degree weather.

Well, we made it and after waiting 4 hours in line for tickets. There were these dirty scalpers who in the end got arrested thank God. We got in and there were people, music and art EVERYWHERE. Awesome. I'm am a little tired but ready to get pumped up.

We saw: Bloc Party, Minus the Bear, Madonna, Coheed and Cambria, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Massive Attack, Mates of State, and I'm sure others.

I would have to say that my personal fav of the day probably had to go to Bloc Party, although Madonna is a pretty good performer.
sybil says:
one day, i will check out coachella...
Posted on: Dec 16, 2007
David says:
i heard daft punk had a really great set, did you make it to both days?
Posted on: May 03, 2006