Back to the Tourism- Hiking in Woodstock

Woodstock Travel Blog

I've enjoyed hiking for a while, but really got back into it when I was in Germany.  With an area as wondrous as the Sรคchsische Schweiz (Saxon Switzerland) only a relatively short train ride away from where I was staying in Dresden, I had to take the opportunity when it presented itself.  When I got back a few weeks ago, I wanted to continue hiking at home.  With help from my parents, I got some ideas as to where to hike.  Today I tried the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park.  I started at the Prosper Road trailhead.  Getting there is a dirt road with potholes, and I learned to be careful singing along to the radio, lest I bite my tongue (that was thankfully avoided, though close).

I'm not going to write too much about it.
  It was nice being out in the woods, fresh air (something I still make sure to appreciate after Beijing), and walking around.  I could've done without the piles of animal poo, especially since I don't like hiking looking down all the time, but I managed to avoid stepping in it.

I did the loop around The Pogue (it's a small lake), which was nice.  It sprinkled a bit (it was raining in the Rutland/Mendon/Killington area when I was driving), but I ducked into the woods and didn't get wet.  On the loop, I also found a route that looked interesting- mental note made to try that another day since I had only brought snacks with me and not lunch.

I decided to take pictures to try my hand at travel photography.  Don't get excited- I'm still using an Olympus D-545 Zoom digital camera- nothing fancy.  I think I did good overall.  Now to get down to travel writing.  :)  Here are the pics- enjoy!  Feel free to comment!
550 km (342 miles) traveled