Promote homegrown TOURISM!

Quechee Travel Blog

another pic of the Gorge

Now that things for China are falling into place, I've decided to spend some time exploring my own state (and area).  I started by going to Quechee Gorge (pronounced KWEE-CHEE).  I'd been by it *so* many times on Route 4 going to I-89 (all the times to West Leb, Dartmouth, Maine).  My first stop was Killington Deli for some coffee and water...like I need coffee, but it's cheap and good (Green Mtn).

I hate driving through Woodstock when there's people there.  It's such a pain in the @** and of course I forget to take the back route.  But I made it through w/o any trauma and continued through towards Quechee.  I peeked in at Scotland by the Yard and they're sheeps were out!

Yes, sheeps.  I know, not grammatically correct...nevermind.  It's sheeps.

I parked near the Gorge, did some hiking, took some pictures of the obstacle course (downed trees) then walked across the Gorge's bridge.

What a view!!!!  *sighs*  No wonder so many tourists go there, it is quite magnificent!

Then I did a little touristy souvenir shopping.  I got some chocolate Neccos for Mom, red shoelace Twizzler-esque stuff for Dad, and then some chocolates, cheese/pepperoni bites for me.  On the way back towards Rutland, I stopped at Scotland by the Yard for some chocolate chip shortbread cookies.

The sheeps weren't out, so no pics.  *is sad*

another pic of the Gorge
Like I needed an obstacle course o…
Like I needed an obstacle course …
Quechee