Next stop, York

York Travel Blog

Entry to Floor's Castle

We are on the move again today and now it's south. First stop is Floor's Castle, stately home of the Duke and Dutchess of Roxburghe. They live there all year. We only get to see a few of the rooms and again, no pictures are allowed inside.

Next stop is Kelso, for a short stop, and on south to a stop at a small section of Hadrian's Wall. This was a roman wall which was designed to go from coast to coast. Not much left now, and where we stopped it was barely a foot high.  Kind of a let down.  After the tour director built it up so much we expected more.

Finally, to York. The elegant York minster stood before us with it's grand scale, but we were more in the mood to see the rest of this quaint old village with it's narrow and busy shops, called Shambles.

We found another shop where the pewter Knights of the Roundtable were sold. This time it's in 700 Pounds Sterling.  Still can't bring myself to spend that much. But I did buy four sets of armour, each about 12" tall and each with a sword and shield.  They were very nice, inexpensive by my terms, and easy to get home.

Dinner that night was at the hotel, The Ramada Inn. The choices included roast pork loin, Duh, that was for us. No more Slamon, Chicken or Lamb. Also, we had cream of vegetable soup and for dessert they brought us 3 scoops of delicious ice cream, chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.  Very good.

Entry to Floors Castle
Entry to Floor's Castle
Much of the U.K. is this way... sh…
Much of the U.K. is this way... s…
Yep, thats what I like
Yep, that's what I like
But still too much :(
But still too much :(
York Hotels & Accommodations review
Ramada York
Our tour had us here on our way through the area. I remember that it seemed tight and unusual, but that may have been due to the stained wood walls, … read entire review
York