Bangkok Travel Blog

Bangkok, Japan, then home. HOME! I'm finally going home.

Of course, I'm at that point that if I had money (and I'm not borrowing any from my parents) I'd stay and cover more ground. But even though I know it's possible to stay longer, to be out of the country, away from work and my life in Chicago, I know it's time to come home. For now.

I realized that I will probably never stop traveling. While many people take a gap year or a few weeks off to do things once, I will probably be back multiple times in my life, and of course, I will go to more places. It's just part of who I am, or who I'm destined to become. Altho I think I'm going to stick within the states for the next few months or year.

The States. So far away. I can't even remember what my dogs look like without looking at a picture. I can remember most of my friends, but even some of my co-workers I can't remember. I feel like I've been seperated from my life in Chicago and I've started an entirely new one here, which is pretty much what I've done, but I don't want to, and I won't, go back to my life in Chicago the same person. We all knew I was going to change, or at least evolve into more of who I'm supposed to be, but I don't even notice how much I've changed. I know it's a lot, I know I have more confidence now than I've ever had me entire life. I am much more educated on the world than most people I know, having met people from pretty much every country. While I'm still Me, I'm not the same me I was. Whatever, I'll be home in like 6 days, so we can determine what happened to me then.

Anyway.. I'm in Bangkok for the last time, and I'm not going anywhere until I leave. I enjoy being out here, there's not a lot to do without spending money, but it's always fun to walk around because things change here every night. different vendors, different people, etc. and it's nice.

I am extremely excited to be going back home, and I'm extremely grateful that I didn't come home early. I think that was the best decision I ever made. (For those who don't know, I was about to come home the 12th, but decided against it when i knew I would absolutely regret it)

So yea, not a lot going on, just shopping, reading, interneting, doing a lot of work for SSP (by the way, I hope you all donated thru that badge!!!!!!!!) and relaxing. knowing that I don't have to be anywhere, I can sleep until whenever (but I am always up at 9) and that I have about 5 books I have to start reading.

I'm so excited to be coming home.
4,488 km (2,789 miles) traveled