The hotel we stayed at in Osa

Costa Rica Travel Blog

The picture that's on the title page of this blog is of the hotel we stayed at in Osa. We had been staying in hostels the whole trip but my friend's mom knew someone who knew the people who own this awesome place. They both had careers back in the states but they got fed up with it, sold everything and moved down to Costa Rica. I forgot what the place was before but it was in bad shape. They cleaned it up and took in some stray dogs that had been wandering around the area. I'm bad with names so i forget the owners names but i think the guy's name was john. It was off season and so we got to hang out with them a lot. When I got sick John's wife made me soup and I got to just watch tv in the outdoor lobby with her and their little daughter who i think was somewhere around 3. One night john took me out to a local bar and he was probably one of the coolest and easiest people to talk with id met. We were the only guests in the enitre hotel until our last night and so in addition to hanging out with the owners we got to talk to the chef who was half italian half dutch, and of course a hella good cook. There were also too french canadians one who worked there as a massage therapist and her boyfriend who also lived in costa rica i think. the dude was nuts (a blue mohawk and a black nirvana tshirt for a visual) and had plenty of stories to tell. if you had written some of his stories on paper they may not have been as interesting but the way he told them made them worth listening to. this may be the reason that i dont really remember any of his stories very well but i could do an impersonation of how he told em.