Japan Travel Blog

We left Brisbane at 09:30am. Both sets of parents came to see us off. The flight took 9 hours. It was so long and boring and we werr stuck in our seats with a guy on the aisle.
We arrived at Tokyo Narita airport at 5:20pm, and caught a limousine bus to Shibuya which is near where my brother Andrew and his wife Noriko live. We got off at the Cerulean hotel, a rather top notch place.
Unfortunately, although we had Yen in notes, we had no coins to make a phone call.A rather polite hotel employee escorted me to a telephone on the 2nd floor.
I rang Noriko and she and little Momoko came to pick us up. Andrew and Noriko live in a small apartment in Sangenjaya. It is only 2 subway stops away from Shibuya, one of the busiest areas of Tokyo. They live in a maze of little narrow streets with small shops and other apartments dotted through. Their apartment has 2 small bedrooms upstairs and a combined lounge/kitchen downstairs. There is very little room but rent is very expensive and anyway, it is enough room for them at the moment.
We settled in and Noriko made a delicous dinner. We were very tired from our long day so went to sleep soon after.