Road Trip - Lekeitio, Bilbao and the Aulesti Pub Crawl!

Lekeitio Travel Blog

2nd day into our roadtrip... Our host Humberto took us to meet his friends on the beach of Lekeitio - a sweet little Basque town, very calm and friendly.

On the way back to Aulesti I got stung by a nasty bee! a nasty basque bee! but i got over it :)

In the afternoon we drove to Bilbao, had a walk around and enjoyed the atmosphere and the curious architecture of the guggenheim museum.

At night we went with Humberto and his friends for a pub crawl in Aulesti. We stepped out of Humberto's building, crossed the road (I'd say no more than 7 steps), and entered the first bar were we had our first beer on the expense of a young guy who just got engaged (felicidades!).  Then we went 5 steps down the street, crossed the road again, and entered the 2nd bar. Here we had our second beer and a funny conversation with the owner who was an enthusiastic fan of Australia and obviously very excited to meet my travelbuddy Daniel. After that we went 5 steps up the street, crossed the road and found ourselves... that's right - in the first pub! :)

After crawling for sometime in between the 2 village pub, we climbed to bed happy and a little drunk. Needless to say that by morning I forgot all the Basque vocabulary I picked up that night...

Lekeitio