Zaanske Schans : Holland top tourist destinations

Zaandam Travel Blog

I found public transports here really easy and cheap to use. I could go around without getting lost or waiting too long. Moreover, both buses and trains are comfortable.

To plan your travels by public transports, this website is really useful : http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/Default.aspx

From my friend's house to Uitgeest station, it cost me 1.60€. From Uitgeest station to Goost Zansk, it was only 2.50€. Once I arrived at the station, I did the way with two old Dutch women. It was quite funny as their English was basic and I don't speak Dutch at all! Sometimes, I understood as languages is also made of signs, but most of the time, it was really a weird exchange ^^

We took the ferry to reach Zaanske Schans.

This place is now really fone for tourists: museums, restaurants and mills all over the place. However, it was not crowded at all, even if the place is really interesting. I was lucky because rain was announced for the day, and it was finally sunny!

I really liked this place. It is really peculiar and pretty. I took the opportunity to visit a mill. I chose De Kat, the first one on my way. There are many other ones to visit, but I am not sure it is worth to visit all of them (aren't they the same?).

I also visited a clog museum-shop, for free. It was quite interesting, a guy even did a demonstration by making one. It was in Dutch, which makes it even more peculiar, but of course not easy to understand (well, once again, signs language helps a lot :).

Again, I enjoyed a lot the visit.

Zaandam