Trieste D1

Trieste Travel Blog

After a stressful journey to Stansted airport (traffic jams in London, we checked in 2 mn before they close) and 1h45 flying, we landed in Trieste airport.

We took a very comfortable bus to go to Trieste, for 3€ each. For the record, a taxi was 55€. The journey was really nice. It lasts around 1h and goes through nice villages looking typically Italian. It stops at the Castle of Duino, but we did not have enough time to stop there. Just before entering in Trieste, we could see from the road the Victory lighthouse up on a hill.

Trieste is really a pretty town! It is amazing how all the buildings are different and picturesque! I liked the atmosphere in the town centre and around the Canal Grande.

We went through an event market with some typical food. It was a good opportunity to try some specialties! Later, there was a concert in Ponterosso Square. It was one of the three concerts we saw in the streets!

We ate near the Canal Grande. We left the first restaurant before ordering because we found the service provided crap. Finally, the second one we chose was not better… Unfortunately, it was the same for the food, we were really disappointed. Unlucky? Maybe… Next time in Italy, we will try to eat far away from a touristic place, it might be better!

At night, we went near Unita d’Italia Square. We found nice bars with cocktails and, even if it was a little bit cold because of the wind, we could sit outside on a terrace with a jersey on!

travelman727 says:
I loved Unita d'Italia Square! However, I could hardly believe how empty it was for a Saturday afternoon :-D
Posted on: Oct 06, 2007
petit_gooroo says:
I could try different cheeses on the "event market"... yummie... :) But, of course :P, I prefer French ones ;)
We had a red wine in the restaurant (on 6 wines, only 3 red were available :( )
It was not exceptionnal, but considering the price, it was allright. But, of course, I prefer French ones :D

I really hope to find a better place to eat next time in Italy!
Anyway, it is such a nice place :)
Posted on: Sep 13, 2007
rotorhead85 says:
How were the wines and cheeses there compared to France? I hope to visit family sometime in northern Italy.
Posted on: Sep 13, 2007