EuropeNorwayOslo

Oslo D1

Oslo Travel Blog

From the ski jump

That time, we checked in 6 mn before they close… Getting better, isn’t it? Well, it was impossible to get up earlier than 3AM…

After a pretty landing (rocks on the sea), we arrived in Oslo Torp Airport. We took a bus for a bit less than 2 hours to reach Oslo Bus Station, where a friend picked us up.

It was cold but sunny, so we still could eat on a terrace before starting to explore the city. Our friend had taken two days to drive us around this town she loves so much, it was amazing!

We started with the Ski Jump. After visiting the Ski Museum, we climbed up to the Ski Jump where there is a nice panoramic view of Oslo and further. Very nice… and I have to admit that those skiers are brave to jump from there! Back on the ground, we did a ski jump experience in a simulator. Entertaining ;)

Then, we went to Vigelandsparken. The park is really nice and Gustav Vigeland’s statues are impressive. They show emotions and human life just perfectly!
A must go!

We finished our visits for the day at the Kon Tiki museum, the story of an expedition to prove that ancient nations could have crossed the oceans with their knowledge.

All the museums are in the same area, but it was already 6PM and we were so knackered that one museum was enough!

Our friends took us for dinner in a very nice restaurant out of Oslo, in such a pretty area… I hope to be back in Norway one day!

petit_gooroo says:
Hi!

I am so sorry I can't remember if we booked the bus or not ... :/ (so we probably did not?)
I remember it was long (2 hours) and we did not have any problem at the airport to find the bus to reach the town centre. Don't forget to have some change to pay the bus fare (it is a bit expensive, as everything in Oslo...)

I really recommend the places I talk about in my post: Ski Jump, VigelandSparken, Vikingship museum, Oslo's streets from the Royal Palace to the National Theatre ... I loved all I visited.
If you have time to go outside the town, the countryside seems amazing for the little I saw!

Enjoy your stay!!
Posted on: Sep 23, 2009
melzie_t says:
Hi there,

Im trying to plan a hol to Oslo in October and I was wondering if you could give me some advice. Im landing in Oslo Torp also, and wanted to know if you have to prebook the bus/train to the city? I dont want to get stranded at the airport!

Thanks!!!