The Hague

The Hague Travel Blog

It takes 50 minutes to go from Amsterdam Central station to The Hague Central station and it cost me 10.60€. The journey is really comfortable, I like Dutch public transports.

After Amsterdam and Rotterdam, that I already visited 2 years ago, The Hague is the 3rd largest city of the Netherlands. Even though it is not the capital, many institutions are located here.

Once I arrived in the Hague, I directly went to the tourist information. There, I took a map and ask for the must-see of the place for a walking tour. I also bought there my ticket return to Delft.

I did the walking tour the tourist information adviced me. The sun was shining, it was sooooo great. The city is really lively. It is also both historic and modern.

I walk through 2 sculptures exhibits. The first one are from a Mexican artist, Javier Marín. The other one reminded me straight away Oslo as it was by Vigeland, a norvegian artist whose work can be seen in an amazing park of Oslo.

I really enjoyed a lot my day and these two cities I visited. It is really different from Amsterdam: no drugs everywhere, not so many tourists... I am glad to have tried this escape from the capital.

The Hague