Amsterdam, again

Amsterdam Travel Blog

I already went to Amsterdam two years ago. I went back to Holland again to experience a bit more of the country as I have a friend living there now. I took the train from Paris at 6.30 (Thalys) and 4 hours later, I was in Amsterdam. 50€ return.

It is funny how I had exactly the same feelings than 2 years ago when I got off the Centraal trainstation: I was lost and almost scared in the traffic between bikes, cars and tramways!

I went to my hostel to leave my bag there and started walking around: Rijksmuseum, Leidseplein... The weather was not too bad and warm so I decided to take away my lunch and to have it in the largest park of the city, Vondelpark.
Then, still by foot so I could enjoy the atmosphere and the nice architecture of the town, I visited Anne Frank's House.

A bit tired of all this walking, I chilled a bit in my hostel room, to plan my next day visits. At night, after I met 2 Chinese, 2 German and 1 American girls in my room, we went to the Red Light District. I did not go there last time and everybody told me again and again that it is a must-see, so I decided not to miss it twice. I did not spend a long time there, I was not really feeling comfortable. I do not like this side of Amsterdam, as well as I am tired of people only thinking about drugs when we pronounce the name of this city.

Amsterdam Hostels review
Could have been better...
I booked with on the website hostelbookers once again and I had no problem with it. I had to pay an extra 10% at the hostel to pay by card. I am … read entire review
photo by: pearcetoyou