weekend trip to the pyramids.

Cairo Travel Blog

On the way back from the Gulf, as the ship passed through the Suez canal, I had the opportunity to visit the pyramids at Giza. I was really looking forward to this as anybody would.  But... and I really dont want to say this, I was disappointed.  Why?, I dont really know.  I must be the only person to say that on this site and i feel bad for saying it.

I think its the way the weekend was organised.  The highlight was when I checked into the hotel in the evening and when I drew back the curtains, I was confronted with the Pyramids right in front of the hotel. It was an amazing sight.

That night we were taken to a really cheesy restaurant, with belly dancing. Bad food and beer.

In the morning we were taken out to the pyramids very very early by bus.

I think I was expecting a mysterious trip out into the desert. Not have them right next to the city. Everything was quite rushed. Dont get me wrong, they were mightily impressive.

Next to the Sphinx and the coach driver would not stop for photos!!, so everybody was rushing to take pictures throught he windows.  In the end  he was persuaded to pull over.

I liked the tomb to the Un known soldier and what it stands for.

The national museum was pretty cool, but not laid out very well.  Obviously Tutumkhamun was fantastic.

Im sorry to be negative about my experience of Cairo. Maybe I was too young to appreciate it, maybe it was a bad tour. I should really go back one day and have a much better experience.

kristinasub says:
i supose this bad experience is because of bad tour ... maybe energy of Egy is not like yours, who knows? i had luck this land full me with such positive energy tjat you can't imagine ... and i advice you one day to visit Egy again, come with peace inside yourself, and i believe that will gona be something quite different than first time :o)
Posted on: Feb 11, 2008
coach driver would not stop at the…
coach driver would not stop at th…
photo by: vulindlela