Retail Therapy

London Travel Blog

Camden poser
After over a week of sightseeing, it was time for some retail therapy at my favorite place to shop in London - Camden!  I'm not really much of a shopper, but I do love flee markets and wanted to take M there.

But first, we had Sunday afternoon free as well and wanted to see a show.  Turns out, there were no West End performances on Sundays although there were a couple of matinees.  Of the limited choices, we decided on a comedy.  The title now escapes me, but it had something to do with a gay king and a giant penguin.  Or something.  Making the theater our first stop to get tickets, we found we were out of luck as Sunday manitnee shows have been all been permanently cancelled.
West Kensington
  Oh well, so much for that.  Now it was time to finally hit Camden.

We had a heyday going through all the unique merchandise available that so cheaply priced!  They have everything from clothes, shoes, boots, purses, jewelry, music, movies, and everything else you'd find at a flee market.  Absolute joy.  We spent a good number of hours there and towards the end of the afternoon, while waitng for M to finish her transaction, I was having a chat with a Polish sales lady.  She told me the news of the bomb threat in a club in Central London earlier in the day!  We started out early and didn't catch the morning news.  This would turn out to be the Tiger Tiger Club incident where the police succesfully difused the bomb, sparing what could have been a lot of lives.

By the time M was done, we were ready to head back to the hotel anyway and freshen up for dinner with some friends in West Kensington.  It came as no surprise to find the Camden tube station closed by this time.  We were informed by the police to walk up 2 more stations and take the tube from there.  Holy Lord.  Thankfully we weren't that tired and the station wasn't that far.  We made it back to the hotel safely with enough time for a quick rest before heading out to dinner.

West Kensington
Oi, whats that propped up against…
Oi, what's that propped up agains…
How typically Pinoy!