Ice cream and accidents

Vermont Travel Blog

After a few hours on the road we arrived at our first port of call - the Cabot Cheese Factory in Cabot, VT! Very bizarre, but lots of free samples of delicious cheese, so can't complain! It was then on to the main place that had lured us to VT - the Ben and Jerrys factory! We had a tour, ate free ice cream (of which we got two samples each - mmm Dublin Mudslide!) and Jen almost had us thrown out by taking illegal photos inside the factory itself. We then had some more samples of different ice creams (pumpkin - weird!) and were back in the car, headed for Andy's house in St Albans (via a scenic stop off at the Von Trapp Family Lodge).

Over the couple of days at Andy's we saw a LOT of snow. There was a near blizzard overnight, and several feet of fresh, beautiful snow waiting for us. We went snowshoeing (exhausting!!) through the woods, which was beautiful, then went on a tractor ride through the woods! It was like Narnia. I got to drive a tractor! Very exciting - I can't drive a car, but I can drive a tractor! Also got to drive a quad bike which was fun until I almost broke my neck when me and Andy managed to flip it over...

On the 4th Andy drove us to Burlington where we were catching the Greyhound to Montreal. The city seemed lovely, wish we could have spent more time there.