A return to my cildhood

Tarusa Travel Blog

When I was a child, I often visited this town because my granny has a country house there, but I didn't pay an attention on how amazing this place is. These weekends I opened it to me once again!

Tarusa is situated in 130 km from Moscow, but has absolutely another landscape. It is standing on two rivers: the small one is called Taruska and another is a very famous Russian river - Oka. There are some nice beaches around the river. Water was cold, but really clean. On our bank of the river there were a lot of children, so we went to the boat-station and asked to convey us to another bank. There were no houses, no people, only a river, the forest and the field. It was perfect.

On the boat-station we (with my friend) had been told, that we can go to Polenovo - the State Memorial History, Art and Natural Museum Reserve, I've been there many years ago, and I remember, that it's really great, but we hadn't enough time, so we decided to return back in some time and to spend there the whole day.

Fortunately, it is really easy to go to Tarusa from Moscow, there is a special bus, so I hope, we will come back in few weeks.

There are also some interesting museums in Tarusa and we have visited some. I really liked house-museum of  Russian famous writer Marina Cvetaeva and the city-museum (there was a lot of interesting things from region history etc.)

We stayed in my granny’s house, but decided to choose a hotel next time, because after spending time in Polenovo we are going to visit Veligosh - they say, that it is the best disco in our part of Russia. We will check!

mpmurph133 says:
Hope the disco was fun! And I hope to get to some small towns and such while I'm here in Russia :)
Posted on: Aug 28, 2007
Deats says:
Let me know how the disco goes!

Its sometimes hard for a foreigner to travel to such cool little places unless you speak good Russian - but i guess thats the adventure for some - or befriend a Russian who speaks English :)
Posted on: Aug 17, 2007
Siesta says:
Sounds like a wonderful place to visit...
Posted on: Aug 17, 2007