Hotter N Hell 2008

Wichita Falls Travel Blog

Waiting for sunrise to begin.
I rode again in the Hotter N Hell 100. This time I stepped it up to 100k which is equal to about 62 miles. The total numbers of riders this year was again around 12,000. Standing at the starting line I met a lady from Pennsylvania who even knew where Tamaqua was. There was a group of riders from Sheppard AFB that were doing the full 100 miles. I decided NOT to join them because I enjoy taking my time and stopping and seeing the sights that go on at the rest areas. I also enjoying meeting and talking to new people.

Since I had the Sheppard cycling jersey on a few people stopped to admire it. I even had a few people inquire about getting their own Sheppard jersey. I met up with a couple from McKinney, Texas or somewhere around there. I rode with them most of the way. They were a nice older couple and it was their first time doing the 100k.

After I passed by my house and saw my dad standing out there, I reached the 50 mile mark and I started to get really tired. The heat was starting to get to me, it was of course around 100 degrees out. I only had about 10 more miles or about an hour of riding left so of course I pushed myself to finish. I also started getting cramps and tired feet. I'm really glad that I pushed myself to finish.

At the finish line I got my picture taken then I went on my merry way home. I had to get a lot of rest because my girlfriends were taking me out that night.
Waiting for sunrise to begin.
Thousands of people still behind m…
Thousands of people still behind …
Thousands of people ahead of me.
Thousands of people ahead of me.
Wichita Falls