Visiting in the hospital

Mzuzu Travel Blog

There is a reason why I don't want to publish those pictures I took in Mzuz Central Hospital.. We saw manymany babies and childrens suffering from different diseases. Who had malaria, who had something wrong with her heart, who had burn herself with fire or hot water.. Who had something else. But all of them were suffering. It made me sad to realise that this hospital was best in the area, but compared to our hospitals in Finland is wasn't really nice at all. We ha d a chance to go there in to meet the children. We spoke with their parents, asked how they are doing and Christmas time we were able to give them some gifts. We knew already by then that many of those that had malaria, would die soon. They were so sick and had been sick too far before getting to the hospital.

Most of them had travelled a long journey- many hours- walking or local minibus. When I saw those children, I was just crying you know. There was nothing I could do to help them feel better. So we just encouraged and prayed, but how long does that encouragement or prayer last as it seems to be a hopeless situation. I still keep those children in my prayers and others too and I hope there would we people willing to go to Malawi and help. Someone said that there is 14million people in Africa and only 200 doctors. What is that..? Like in our capital there is 200 hunded or even more doctors for one town.. And hey, we have less than 6million people here And how much love they need..?! I cannot be doctor, but I can share my love- so, that's the reason why I do what I do.

photo by: wiese