EuropeSpainCadiz

First trip

Cadiz Travel Blog

I cant believe i was soooo skinny.

As I have just received the Happy award I thought I should post this picture and hopefully give you all something to have a good smile and laugh about.

I cant believe I was actually that skinny!!!  This was my first trip away with the Navy and actually my first proper trip overseas, except for a day trip to France.  We sailed on a helicopter training ship to Cadiz from Portsmouth.  It took a week to get there and then after a weekend in the sun we sailed back.

It was fantastic to experience Spain for the first time.  Cadiz has some amazing long beaches.  At the time it wasn't  used by the european tour operators and was where the Spanish would go for their holidays.

Although it was a great experience it very nearly turned out to be a worrying episode.  Being so young, 17, I was not used to drinking and especially not the size of the drinks in the local bars.  After an afternoon of sangria and evening of large bacardi's I lost my friends and some how fell asleep on the beach.  Well, for some reason I woke up and was horrified to find somebody trying to undo my belt!!! I was so so scared I jumped up and ran to the main street and into a taxi back to the ship.

It was a lesson well learnt at an early age and one that has stayed with me.  So be careful when you drink, you never know who is around.

Just realised this was meant to be a blog to make you laugh.  Well, I laugh about it now !:))