My First Tandem Jump

Hollister Travel Blog

Heaven!!! Ready to jump!
It started as a fairly normal day off. I was preparing for a long weekend with my husband and some of his friends. We were headed to Reno for a golf tournament so I was sitting in a nail salon getting my nails done in preparation for a weekend of me lying around the pool while the guys golfed. My cell phone rings and my husband asks me what I'm doing for the next couple of hours. Could I possibly make it to the Hollister airport within the hour (which was about 30 miles away)? When I asked him why, he explained that his buddy, "Big Al", couldn't finish the round of golf they were playing because he and his son were going skydiving. My husband remembered that that was something I'd always talked about wanting to do. So.....he asked if there was room for one more and promptly called to see if I was interested! You betcha! I quickly dried my nails and headed to Hollister. Hmmmmmm. I was wearing mule tennis shoes. I wonder if they could duct tape them on, lol. No time to go home and change clothes. Well, after getting lost along the way, I made it just in time to sign away my life and find some shoes to wear. I didn't have time to even think about it or I would've missed the opportunity! It was awesome!!!! It was a gorgeous day and one I will never forget. I've never felt more euphoric and alive. I felt closer to Heaven than I've ever felt and totally overwhelmed by God's creation. It was awesome and a great start to a wonderful holiday weekend.
sdbleve says:
Travel is defined as moving from one point to another. When you travel you enjoy the experience of seeing new things...I think you went from one point to the next, and got to see something amazing. Now as for me...I am not jumping out of an airplane that has absolutely nothing wrong with it!!! :)
Posted on: Dec 27, 2006