Lastminute.com, my friend
Mallorca Travel Blog› entry 1 of 2 › view all entries
Okay, when you're french, you don't want to spend a lot of money and you didn't plan anything ahead, but you still want to go out of France, you usually end up with (in that order) :
Now, when you're lazy like me (did I say I was french?), you take the closest to your home so you don't have to spend a week in airports. Soooooooooo, that gives us Baleares.
600 Euros on Lastminute, all the papers set in 2 days, called a friend, my brother, explained to my girlfriend that, no, we are not going to a romantic place this year (again) et voila.
Let me get this straight, we didn't expect anything from this trip. It's one of those things you do because you're bored, you have too many vacation days and you don't want to stay in your place for one more week. We did that a couple of times in Tunisia and usually it's not really nice. But well, keep trying, you never know.
Well, finally, the outcome is quite positive:
- decent hotel, even if you can't expect anything from a 500 rooms complex o_O
- good fights with the german and english families when you throw away their fuc**** towels from the chairs nearby the pool. Man, these guys wake up at 8.00 just to put a towel on a seat and then come back at 3.00 PM. Insane...
- Palma is a really nice town, we found a pretty good restaurant with tapas there and we enjoyed the place.
- the island is big enough to visit some small villages and just look after some small beaches. Just rent a car and prepare a map. It's not that big, almost impossible to get lost.
- nice beaches. Good sand, cristal clear water and plenty of space, even in August. Came out at a surprise, really.
I will surely put some reviews of the places we saw later but, all in all, and for this price, it really worths it. No comparison with the big complexes in Tunisia.
Enjoy your stay!