Boys weekend away

Toronto Travel Blog

This was probably one of the best weekends of my life.  I was working for a company in Toronto and to this day I have never worked with such a brilliant group of people.

Each year there is always a big trip away alternating between men only and then the wifes and girlfriends. As you can see this was a men only weekend.   This obviousley led to us quickly deteriorating to caveman mentality, (not that we had far to go). Poor bodily hygiene, all food washed down with a beer, including breakfast and for some reason our usually high standards of vocabulary soon put us in the back room bar catorgary.

I am still trying to find out the exact location, as I cant remember.

dave showing off his english tan.
  I am told it is Pigeon Lake, outside of Toronto. When i looked this up I only found a Pigeon Lake near Edmonton.  I will update this when I can.

The only way to the cabin was by boat. We were lucky to have a day boat, speed boat, seadoo, canoes and plenty of beer and food.   The cabin was in a large bay with only 1 other cabin as a distant neighbour. Every meal except for breakfast was cooked on the grill over the fire or wrapped in foil and placed in the fire.  It must have worked as nobody was ill!!.

There was only rudimentary toilet facities and if we wanted to get clean we just jumped in the lake.  It was a great feeling to wake in the morning and still half asleep, just stumble onto the jetty and jump in.  It certainly woke me up and cured any hangover!.

I Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as we enjoyed the weekend.  They are scanned so i hope the quality is ok.

mellemel8 says:
i like the fact that it's secluded. i love camping rugged as well.
Posted on: Aug 15, 2007
dave showing off his english tan.
every meal except breakfast was co…
every meal except breakfast was c…
Greg not getting it quite right!!
Greg not getting it quite right!!
inlet to the bay