Bridal shower & Galaxy game

Connecticut Travel Blog

Me and Caitlin enjoying drinks.
    I wanted to leave at 10am to make sure I had enough time to get back to CT.  I saw the traffic going west on the Mass Pike the day before and it looked pretty congested.  But when Allison came into my room to wake me up I realized that it was already 10:10.  Oops.  I even set my alarm, but it doesn't do very good if it's in your purse and on vibrate.  The pills and the vitamin worked and I didn't have a hangover, but I did still have the shakes.  Not for long, tho.  I packed up and got in my car, on my way back to CT.  It took me a little while to get back on the Mass Pike because of how confusing the streets were!  Allison said I was the only one she knew who couldn't get back on the highway.
Liz and I in CVS.
  Woohoo!  But I did it.  I put my Muse cds back on and was on my way.
    I got to Hilary's house in Coventry, CT no problem.  I got myself a Dunkin' Donuts right before heading to her house.  I changed and then was ready for the shower.  Tania and Alesia came over and they followed us to the shower.  Hilary and I were headed to the Galaxy game in Foxboro, MA right after so that's why we took 2 cars.  The bridal shower was fun and Chelsie was funny opening her gifts.  I love her laugh.  Mine was the only one that wasn't wrapped.  But how are you gonna wrap a cooler with towels and wine sticking out of it?  I could barely get all that stuff to stay in there.  The sandwiches and cupcakes were very good.
That's me and the turkey.
  I don't eat that many cupcakes, it just happened to be a cupcake filled weekend, I guess.  I can't make it to Chelsie's wedding because it's Labor Day weekend and I'll have to start teaching 2 days later.  I'm sad, but I knew I could make it to the bridal shower.
    Time to get changed into our Beckham shirts and head back to Massachusetts!  We got to Foxboro no problem and were parked by 6:25 or so.  The last time I was at Foxboro was the fall of 2002 to go to a Patriots game with Erica, Billy, and Derek (UConn people).  This time it was to the Los Angeles Galaxy vs New England Revolution game.  David Beckham was supposed to play an entire half.  I don't want to spoil it, but he didn't play at all.  When we got into the stadium we could see him walking around and signing autographs.  He is pretty tattoed up and pretty gorgeous.  Hilary and I bought 2 beers each and then got to our seats just in time for the coin toss by Ray Allen.  Landon Donovan played, and he's always consistent.  We watched Beckham sit on the bench, but we could tell he was very into the game.  Lots of people were watching him like Hilary and me.  They'd be like, "Look, he's standing.  He's scratching his arm. He's looking to the right. He got cold and put on his jacket."  So it wasn't just us.  I'm lucky because I'm supposed to go to a game on the 23 of September back in LA so I have another chance.  But it was still great to stare at him.
    Well, I used to go to UConn so I am quite familiar with the drive.  I hadn't done it by myself in a while, tho, so I was a little nervous as to if they happened to change the exits in NY or CT on me.  My parents would have made lots of fun of me.  But I got up there fine.  I put on a Muse cd, then a Dido cd, then a Muse cd.  I had to stop once in western CT when I was on 84.  I noticed there was a Dunkin' Donuts so that's where I was going to stop.  I had to pee so badly.  I ran into that bathroom.  Then I got myself a large coffee, light and sweet, and made it all the way to Vernon.
    I was meeting Caitlin at Angellino's so when she was done with work we could get some drinks in us and get silly.  I went into Angellino's and ordered myself a Blue Moon (with an orange) and waited at the bar for Caitlin.  When she found me she and a few of her other co-workers were folding silverware into napkins for the next day.  Riveting stuff.  Caitlin gave me a tour of the kitchen and introduced me to all the Mexicans she is friends with.  They've all heard a bunch about me and I, them.  I put my beer in a to-go kids cup and we drove out to some bars with Liz and Paul.  The first bar had a very loud band so we only stayed there about 15 minutes, or one drink.  The next place we went to had a very loud band as well, so we just left without getting a drink.  The third place also had a band, but they were a little quieter and we could handle that.  Plus, I had to pee again so we were gonna go in and hang out a bit anyway.  I enjoyed some more Blue Moon and Caitlin got some very strong and sweet margaritas.  She asked for another shot to make ithe margarita a bit more enjoyable.  We weren't feeling that crowd so much so we decided to leave and head to Liz's house and drink there.
    Right before we left Caitlin and I decided to use the restroom one more time.  On the way out she took a turkey door stop, which I thought was quite comical.  You can't have too many of those.  We stopped at CVS to get some stuff to mix drinks with.  I got myself a Propel cuz I knew it would help the next morning.  Liz and Paul bought some soda and Caitlin decided to pick up Mean Girls.  We can't have too many of those either.  Paul said it wasn't the best thing to get at the moment, but it was so cheap, we had to.  We took all our stuff to Liz's house and continued to drink there.  I said we should watch a movie and picked Fight Club.  One of the best movies ever to be made.  We didn't get thru the whole thing because that's a long movie and we were tired.  Time to sleep on a couch at Liz's house.  Boston the next morning.  And Propel.
Liz and I in CVS.
Thats me and the turkey.
That's me and the turkey.
335 km (208 miles) traveled