Vancouver

Vancouver Travel Blog

kayaks on Granville Island

I have long heard of how nice Canada is, how friendly the people were etc etc....mind you a lot people tell you a lot of things...LOL!....but Canada turned out to be the very thing they ALL said it would be. It is indeed a very nice place (we are talking in reference to Vancouver for now), clean, safe and loads to offer. As I was there to attend a wedding, the 6 days flew fast literally!We were out of the house by 10 at the latest & we didn't return till it was way late :)-

I must say the Canadian are a people very proud of their country, not arrogant but quietly proud of it. I met some really nice people there. As an Asian I didn't feel out of place at all, food was exceptional! I must say they've got great Asian food, not that we were looking for it but some people from Quebec wanted to try Asian food.

Totem poles at Stanley Park
We did get some great food at Delilah's (see my review). For authentic Singapore food there's a great Singapore restaurant on Robson, must try it if you want to get to know my food. Though I must say the only thing I hated was the coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was impossible to get decent coffee...I don't even know what to call it...sigh.....only complaint though :)-

Oh....I was brought to a stripshow at Celebrities, a gay club, now it was fun....but a naked man prancing around & doing somersaults...ouch....seems painful! Plenty of women & gay men obviously, with great music for dancing. In summer there is a free Salsa class at the underground spot in front of the Art gallery, my it was crowded! Seems like the whole Latin Canadian community hung out there for that span of hours, they even have groups doing their stuff.

Happening!

The wedding was held on the balcony of one of the suites at the Pan Pacific Hotel, which overlooked Canada Place. We were in awe looking at the huge cruise ships flanking both sides of Canada Place! It was impressive! These ships were on the way to Alaska and in the horizon was another ship docked at a place within our view as well.

We got to Granville Island fine, plenty of shops, loved the market...me & my markets I adore markets...such colourful places with loads to eat..LOL!...on the way back we took the bus & promptly got lost on the way to Capilano........all I can say is that I now can advise you where to buy real estate in Vancouver's suburbs....:)-....we saw plenty! The buses are great, clean, easy to use(except for clowns like us), and very friendly drivers. Don't even ask how we got lost.......anyway...we had a lady bus driver chase another bus for us(all on her own accord) just so we could get the otehr bus. She honked her way through..! The other driver stopped and waited for her to catch up...so very sweet of them both! How not to like Canadians?

All I can say is 6 days was not enough & I shall be BACK!

moreno1968 says:
Nice photo added. I definately go to Canada soon eh! ;-) JoJo
Posted on: Aug 27, 2007
Aquabus Bay
Chess on Robson Street by the Art …
Chess on Robson Street by the Art…
Capilano Suspension Bridge
Tree top walk
Treetop Capilano
Treetop Capilano
Vancouver Hostels review
The houses are actual heritage houses, nicely done, clean & safe. It's close to City Hall, convenient as buses run just 2 streets away. We LOVED it fo… read entire review
6,714 km (4,172 miles) traveled