My first day in Sheffield!

Sheffield Travel Blog

Sheffield Cathedral

No matter what anyone says or which movies you watch, Sheffield isn't nearly as bad as they claim! I found it to be quite pretty with rolling green hills in the distance and a really nice city center, with lots of fabulous shops, which being a girl I really appreciated!

My first afternoon in Sheffield was spent getting a general feel for the city and visiting the Cathedral, which was so beautiful. It is quite small by Cathedral standards but for me it had a really cozy atmosphere that made me feel right at home and comfortable in the stone structure. It was fascinating to see that the original roof line is still visible from the pews. After Sheffield Cathedral we headed over to The Winter Gardens followed by The Peace Gardens.

The Peace Garden is a wonderful place to sit down, read a book and enjoy a spring or summer day. We just sat there and watched all of the people enjoying the spring sunshine, taking a break from work or school. Sometimes I like to sit and just people watch and this was the perfect place for it! You can sit down and face the fountains and Winter Gardens, ignoring the bustling city center behind you. It's like an oasis with green grass, running water, and fresh air.

dansgirl1978 says:
Posted on: Oct 13, 2007
danny291 says:
ha i thought Sheffield was bad.. haha :s
Posted on: Oct 13, 2007
dougal says:
Well then - the man's quite obviously a fool ;o)
Posted on: Sep 11, 2007
The Winter Gardens
The Winter Gardens
Sheffield Sights & Attractions review
The Peace Gardens is a wonderful oasis in the middle of Sheffield City Centre. After a long day shopping it's a great place to sit down, relax, read a… read entire review
Sheffield Sights & Attractions review
A place of beauty and peace
I loved this little cathedral- it's not tall, it's not grand but what it lacks in size it makes up for in heart! There is such a genuine holy and sacr… read entire review
Sheffield