Arrival in London

London Travel Blog

Flying with Virgin Atlantic was probably the best choice I made on this trip.  Since I am absolutely terrified of flying, flying with a good carrier is super important to me! Virgin Atlantic had the best customer service and that really makes a difference to me when I'm feeling anxious and about to board a plane!

Arriving in London was exciting. We arrived a full hour early, which under normal circumstances is wonderful, but this being Heathrow that was actually more of a nightmare than a blessing. Because Heathrow is one of the busiest airports in the world there was no room for us to de-plane ahead of schedule, so we had to sit on the plane for 45 minutes while waiting for a free spot. I have to say the pilot was really cool and he started to joke and pretend to be a tour bus driver saying things like, "And if you look off to your left you will see......" It was really funny and helped ease the tension we were all feeling.

Customs as usual was a major drag and it made me an hour late which then freaked my boyfriend out (he was already in England waiting to pick me up) and made us miss our coach north to Sheffield where he is from. After riding the tube into London, we were at least able to get our coach scheduled for an hour or so later, which then gave us time to wander around the Victoria Coach Station (to be honest there isn't much to look at but pigeons!) and that area of London.

After a 4 hour coach ride we arrived in Sheffield where I rode in my very first English black taxi cab, complete with a foreign driver.  We arrived at the house, met some family and then sleep, glorious sleep!!!!!!

London