Experiencing dutch culture

Amsterdam Travel Blog

Amsterdam is a confusing city with over 8 million tourist a day, it's hard to say whose a local and whose a traveller.  I use the word traveller now, I have a different perspective on tourist now.  Being from Florida, I am used to tourist and they get in my way and I get pissed.  Well the shoes on the other foot now isn't it.  I feel so out of place and unwelcome here, the dutch people have been anything but pleasant towards us.  The only contact we've had has been with other travellers here, we met a really a sweet couple from England that we're very friendly.  So needless to say we smoke, hence the amount of time we are spending in Amsterdam.  Today we ventured out to Rotterdam to see if outside of the city we could find this Dutch hospitality that I've heared about (we didn't find it).  My husband and I are looking forward to meeting people like us, I hope that there are people out there like us we're good peeps.  We're spending 30 days in Europe going to... well check out my profile to see where we're headed and where we've been.  We started an I.T. company in the U.S. a couple of years ago, my husband is still the one and only engineer  we haven't found a good employee yet.  Corporate life has been pretty good to us except for those pesky taxes--only 2 things in life you can count on death and taxes, eh.  Tommorrow we are travelling to Belgium, we'll see how this experience goes.  We still haven't given up on the dutch people yet, so any locals wishing to redeem or maybe help us understand this hostility held towards us don't hesitate to contact us.