End of Trip

Jacksonville Travel Blog

End of trip.  Check-out went well.  Weather was cold.  It was miserable returning from the Bahamas to that.

Overall Trip Summary:  The Celebration is one of the smaller ships and older ships in Carnival's fleet.  It certainly showed the wear of years of use.  The paint was chipping in some of the places around the upper decks.  The service and food were good.  I would have to say that if this was the first cruise that I had been on I would have been very impressed and happy with the entire cruise; food, entertainment, service, etc.  I would rate this as a moderately good cruise.  Certainly not comparable to the Disney cruise, but I suppose that not many things are comparable to their standard of excellent services they provide.

Carnival boosts their ships as the "Fun Ships."  It certainly seemed like they tried to take the fun and adapt it to all ages.  This came off as somewhat corny at times, especially when they divided the ship into teams and had point competitions.  Not really a nice addition to the "fun," but it was an attempt.