May it please the court...

London Travel Blog

First, the weather.  It’s exactly what you’d think it’d be in London: wet and cool (for AUGUST!).  Beth says it’s cold.  Since she didn’t bring jeans and is forced to wear skirts, then she’s likely more cold than I am.  But, yeah, it was rather cool.  I think the high yesterday (and today) is in the low 60s.

Second, the hotel.  The lobby is great.  The room?  Think cabin on a cruise ship.  We’ll have more on this later in our review section.

Today we really begin our exploration and sightseeing.

We plan on meeting Nigel, my classmate Beth mentioned above (we pub-hopped with him last night), and his parents this morning at the Old Bailey.  We’re going to try and observe an authentic British trial…witness the master barrister performing for the judge or jury.  I’d love to see Rumpole work his magic.

Tonight we have tickets to see Phantom of the Opera.  I’ve been wanting to see it since high school, but I’ve always had the mindset that I’d see it either in New York or London.  And believe it or not, I’ve made it to London first.

Between the Old Bailey and Phantom, we’re going to try and see a couple of the major sites (St. Paul’s Cathedral, for example).  So, we’ve got a nice action-packed day in store for us.

We’ll chat again manana.  Pics to come soon.  Very soon.

CutroneTX says:
Beth - Find H&M and buy some pants / sweater! Cute/cheap & chic.

Have fun...we are thinking of you often.
XOXO