Stories of travelling

Budapest Travel Blog

When I was finally in Budapest, I realized that I am not in a mood to walk around and observe toutist attractions. I was in Budapest two times before and this time, I was just tired and reflective. So I just walked around without purpose and found a nice cafe where I had one expresso at the terrace, observing people passing by.

Then I went to my favorite Hummus bar. After that, I just walked around again. And decided to go for the meditation session which I saw as an event on Couchsurfing.

So, I went for the meditation group in Budapest. On the map, it seemed close but in fact my GPS was showing 40 min of walk. Ok. I took a tram. But as I didn't know where to buy ticket, I just risked it.

I arrived to the stop where I wanted to get and I realized that this is a local part of Budapest, no tourists. It was actually nice, small cafes and restaurants, the group was supposed to be in one appartment.

Who is that crazy to go to somebody's appartment to join a religious session which could be in fact a sect? I love these moments of pure adventure. A man opened the door. With a slight smile on his face. They said "Welcome, we are Shambala group, following the learnings of the monk ...." And I entered, of course. I was taked to a small room where one woman explained me how to meditate.

The session of 1 hour started. First, I was quite uncomfortable, sitting in an uncomfortable position, having to concentrate. But it was great - pure one hour of meditation, one hour of nothing. Something has probably changed in my head.

After that session, I went to Szimpla cafe and had a beer with a cool Turkish. At the hostel, I had a small chat with two travellers who were staying there. I am planning Serbia tomorrow.

The most interesting are the stories. A Chinese man living in England who quit his job just to travel for one year. He said: "Some people just work, follow some path and then regret. It's only you who chooses how to live your life."

So I went for my trip. It is actually challenging. A friend who was supposed to travel with me didn't show up and I have no news from her.

So I have started my solo trip right from the beginning. I feel quite lonely but what else I was expecting. It is a personal rediscovery of myself. Start from here and come back the same way. A trip of coming back home. As a new person. Braver, more stable, courageous.

My goal - Sarajevo.

tktheworldtraveler says:
Congrats on the feature Martina!
Paulovic says:
Congrats on being featured!
simsing says:
Congrats on the feature!
Budapest Hostels review
Clean and comfortable
I have been to this hostel already 2 times and I will go even next time when I come, I am sure. The hostel is clean and very comfortable, the staff i… read entire review
Budapest