1st Click

Tamarindo Travel Blog

1st Click

Flying in a 10seat Sansa Air is an experience on its own, feel like a missionary delivering words of the good book to Guanacaste!

Airport is small, and as my friend put it… CUTE! Five minutes later we are at the hotel beach, Tamarindo Diria it is called. Over priced & the picture of the room lied, pictures always lie yet I felt for it one more time. I hope my pictures don’t lie. Nikon D200 is loaded & ready.

This place is full of tourist, Americans mostly… I just escaped from New York so I can work on my writing in peace. Yet too many loud Yankee hats among us. Everyone is tanning and I have a tan from birth still intact and about to melt from the heat. The view is nice though, fruit shake in one hand my diary in the other with Nikon by my side. An Iguana the size of Komodo dragon is in stealth mode waiting for its prey. I pray for no loose coconuts from the sky... ehhh who cares... maybe it will inspire my writing if falls on my head... what if it falls elsewhere!!! Time to adjust the lounge chair and my perception of this light and away from the coconut tree! Sunglasses on, I now see a couple of surfer dudes offering a local girl some tan lotion so they can apply it to her body… smooth! Got to take notes on the move... but they are arguing on who’s gona do it 1st, in Rock Paper Scissors style… not so smooth! 1st coconut down & next to Mr. Iguana, but the dragon in him didn't flinch. Something to admire here.

Tamarindo tanning time is up for me... I wana mingle with the locals and try a dish or two. My Spanish is weak, so is my sun tanning threshold. I will hide as usual, hide behind the lens and connect with them through light and shadow... the way I know how. Click.

Tamarindo