Fly to Reykjavik

Reykjavik Travel Blog

I packed in the morning before we depart to Reykjavik since we only be there for a short time.  I have booked the budget airline of WOW to fly from Copenhagen months in advanced.  This is first time I fly with Wow airlines and not sure what to expect, however I read a very good review of the airlines from the previous passengers. I pleasantly surprised where the flight was ontime and I met a kiwi stewardess which gives me a big hug when she see my passport when boarding the plane - what a great warm welcome to a new adventure.

It took 3 hours 15 minutes fly from Copenhagen to Rykjavik and the seat was okay for me with plenty of leg room especially when we seat at the emergency seat.  However the airlines did not provide anymeal, but people can purchase on the plane. Likewise with the bag, only free 5kgs and has to purchased extra bag if you need more which is added  to the cost.

When we arrived in Reykjavik airport, the flybus bus was waiting outside and we just hop in and show our voucher to the driver.  It takes around 50  minutes drive to the Reykjavik city centre with not much view along the way.  I was asleep on the bus since it was past my bed time and I was worry turn into pumpkin.

The bus arrive in the bus terminal and then the minivan drop us to our hotel.

Once we check in, I go to bed straight as I was soo tired and it was 2 hours different with Copenhagen time as we gain 2 hours time.

hightide says:
Did they actually weigh passengers' bags to check whether it's over 5kg?
Posted on: Jul 08, 2016
Ils1976 says:
wow, what an entry ... I am more than curious how the rest went! :)
Posted on: May 01, 2016
nolan says:
Wow, talk about maximizing ancillary revenue!
Posted on: May 01, 2016
Reykjavik Hotels & Accommodations review
Good and quite
The hotel located outside city center, but Reykjavik city center is quite small and walkable from one place to another. We arrived after midnight si… read entire review
Reykjavik