Valkenburg - South Limburg, the Netherlands

Valkenburg Travel Blog

This year I was very busy with all kinds of projects etc. so somethimes you need a quick break, to get some new and positive energy. My sort trip was to Valkenburg in the southen of Limburg in the Netherlands. We had a great and cozy hotel in the city centre of Valkenburg. And there was a lot to see and to do. Offcourse you can see the mines or the caves but i already did a few years ago in Maastricht so we did some other cool things. Offcourse very touristic but so much fun to do we had a ride in the toboggan run. We enjoyed the great views of the beautiful Limburg landshapes. The second day we went to the Welness beauty farm - Thermae 2000 to enjoy and relax, refresh and to rebalance. Also we hired some bikes to explore the Limburg landscape and enjoy the beautiful nature, hills and views. I went to some small towns, to a name a few; Sibbe and Magraten. In Magraten we visit the American cemetery and memorial of the second world war. It was a very quiet and peacefull place what also was very impressive. A would write also a review about Magraten and Thermae 2000.

photo by: benwielenga