The Countdown Begins!

Melbourne Travel Blog

Trail of the Gecko!

Well its less than a week till I head off on my 2 month adventure - nowhere near as much time as I'd like but all the time I have to spare at the moment with uni starting again in February. It's hard to believe that I can finally start to count down the days after booking the trip in May. I also can't believe I'm actually going with all the problems I've had surrounding the trip.
This time next week I will be in Singapore with Bing hopefully going canoeing and reverse bungee jumping! As for the rest of the first week I really have no idea. I'm still toying with the idea of going to Borneo to visit the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre and to climb Mt Kinabalu, but at this stage anything could happen. I'm not sure if I'm physically fit enough to cope with the inevitable altitude sickness and arduous trek, but I do love a challenge! I'd like to do the east coast of Malaysia too but as it's curently monsoon season I think that could be unlikely. It all depends on who I meet on my first day and night in Singapore I think!

This week will be filled with last minute things - organising finances, packing, and saying goodbye. I'll be sad to miss out on Christmas with friends and family, and also the Australian summer with endless days down at the beach. That, however, is the stuff of mundane life, and this I'm sure will be the adventure of a lifetime!

photo by: jendara