The long way to Las Vegas

Puerto Vallarta Travel Blog

Church spire

This was my second time in Puerto Vallarta, with the first being back in August of 1996.    I did enjoy that trip very much and so I was glad to come back.

I flew from Indianapolis to Atlanta on a Delta Connection EMB-170 and connected to Puerto Vallarta(PVR) on a Delta 737-800, getting first class on that flight!!  I enjoyed a nice little lunch and a few gin and tonics before touching down in Mexico 3 1/2 hours later.  I took a taxi to the Hotel Emperador, which is where I stayed last time I was in PVR.  I find the hotel very relaxing, with a good beach.  I just spent the day lounging at the beach and I also visited the local Hard Rock Cafe.

I was going to go and visit family in Las Vegas and threw in a few detours.  Besides my overnight in PVR, I would go to Guadalajara, Culiacan, and then onto Vegas.

Malecon

The next day I flew an Aeromexico Connect Saab-340 to Guadalajara and visited the city and of course, the Hard Rock Cafe.  Next flight was to Culiacan on an Aeromexico EMB-145.  I liked Culiacan a lot and hopr to go back someday.  Finally, I flew from Culiacan to Las Vegas on a Mexicana Airbus 319.  I stayed with my family for two days and also saw The Killers in concert at the Hard Rock Hotel.  My flight home was a Northwest Airbus 319 and in first class.  We had a great tailwind and I was home in about 3 hours.

Yeah, another crazy whirlwind trip was over.  I had fun though and that is what matters........

montecarlostar says:
It seems that you are a HRC lover! You should make a list of all the HRCs you have been to. I tried to go to the one in Guadalajara but they had closed it! I have been only to the one in Dallas and it was great! Best sports bar ever!
Posted on: Oct 20, 2009
vulindlela says:
I wish.....No, I am in maintenance.
Posted on: Oct 17, 2009
williamsworld says:
cool trip. I may sounds stupid, but are you a pilot? I can't remember if you told me?

Posted on: Oct 17, 2009