A windy day in Paradise

Hope Town Travel Blog

The Lighthouse
Now we are here in the Bahamas. It is pretty breezy. When I say pretty breezy I mean windy. We had to take a ferry from Marsh Harbour to Elbow Cay, everything moves slow here. But I think that I will like it, very relaxed.

Hope Town features one of the last operational kerosene-fueled lighthouses in the world. This lighthouse is striped red and white. Its light can be seen from 17 miles away.

The Hope Town Lighthouse is one of only TWO (might be the only one now) Manual Lighthouses left in the World. It has a spring mechanism that has to be hand cranked every several hours to maintain the 5 flash sequence of the light. The Lamp Burns Kerosene Oil with a Wick & Mantle which makes the light that magnifies as it passes through the 5 Lenses which floats on a bed of mercury.

Our first night out and i was super tired due to the lack of sleep so add a little alcohal and I was ready for bed. but not Pete(one of steve's friends who wanted to come with us.) and Steve... no they ran a $250 bar tab up on my credit card which they took from my while I was half comotose. Then went and were banging on these girls bedroom door. What bad people. The worst part is next day the girls claim that it was me! I was like 'no way it was me'. They later recanted their story. And as far as the money it's no big deal because I got paid back.. I basically didn't have to pay for the hotel so it all worked out.
missgiggly2007 says:
From the Hotel.
From the Hotel.
Myself and my girl Vivi
Myself and my girl Vivi
Myself and my other girl Christian.
Myself and my other girl Christian.
Tahiti?
Tahiti?
Not my room... but mine was simila…
Not my room... but mine was simil…
The whole group.
The whole group.
Hope Town Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Well if you go to Hopetown you will see that there is a limited number places to eat/drink. But Cap'n Jack's is by far the best. Lana the owner is sup… read entire review
Hope Town