Pre-Trip Prep

Pomona Travel Blog

Its the last Friday at work before I leave on my trip. I squeezed some extra vacations days and will be leaving Tuesday night for Vegas and then heading back the next Tuesday night.

This trip I call Full Circle. Back when I was a kid I had never left the state. The first chance I had I took it. It was between 6th and 7th grade and my aunt and my grandma took me on a road trip through many ofthe southwestern states to reach Colorado.

Now I am an aunt and the opportunity came to take my niece on a trip with her aunt and her grandma to visit states and land in Colorado. I couldn't pass it up. Those trips for me inspired the wander lust I would eventually succomb to.

I am nowhere near packed, haven't started actually. The only thing I have are maps, pilfered from work to later be returned to work, without their knowing it. The trip is semi planned with several stops in the making. The first night is in Las Vegas and then the next day roll over Hoover Dam to the Grand Canyon. Then stops in New Mexico and hopefully the Coors Factory in Golden Colorado before my final destination. Then we will stay there 2 days and make the return trip. This time going through Utah and seeing the Arches National and then Zion National Park and then home again home again.. Well thats the theory, we'll see when I get back how much I actually stuck to this.

Now time to prepare!