The journey begins

Dulles Travel Blog

On the DC Metro system headed to Dulles (IAD) Airport in Virginia

Today we are flying out of Dulles International Airport in Virginia as it still has the best prices for flying to Europe.

Lena and I were driven to the New Carrollton Metro station where we took the Orange line train to Metro Center. There we got on the Silver line train to Wiehle-Reston station. From here we took the Washinton Flyer bus to Dulles Airport (IAD) We started the trip a bit late as I forgot the Scotland tour book we got from "missandrea81" and all the maps I printed out for our driving tour, so we had to go back home to get them. Luckly I realized this only 15 minutes after we left the house!! Still, we had to wait for the Metro trains longer than planned, which got us to the airport with only a little more than an hour to get to our gate.  When we checked our bags, the lady said since we were late in checking in, there was a possablility our bags would not make the flight. Well that would suck, but what can we do but hope!

Once we got to passport control, there were a ton of people in que, and even longer and slower lines for security screening!!! This is not looking good!

Finally we were through all that with 25 minutes to get to our gate. Luckly, the flight was slightly delayed, so we made it with plenty of time! But the big question is, will our luggage get on this flight?

Next stop, Dublin Ireland.

rhiendiana says:
Time to travel as always have a bit trouble, enjoy your trip to dublin:)
Posted on: Oct 01, 2015
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured blog! :D
Posted on: Oct 01, 2015
On the DC Metro system headed to D…
On the DC Metro system headed to …
Our plane