Leaving India

Taipei Travel Blog

We got up at 3am! to have breakfast at the hotel restaurant which was opened for us earlier birds. Sang happy birthday to an unnamed member of our group, had the birthday cake, and headed to the airport. We arrived back in Taipei in the early evening.

Will I return? Was it a good trip? Why did I go to India in the first place?
There are many places on earth which I like to visit ahead of India. The only reason why this trip happened was due to my friends going at the same time, and we had a knowledgable group leader who has been going to India for several years. I certainly would not have gone by myself. This was an interesting trip, and I got to see the Taj Mahal (it does have an eternal beauty) and take some pictures. I probably won't be making the trip again, although there are great historic and cultural places elsewhere in India to see, India is just not my idea of a vacation destination. I can understand why buddhism was born in India, there was probably just as much suffering of the poor folks today as there were 6 centuries BC, except there are a lot more people today!

portia says:
Thanks. It really is a good idea to write down your experience before you forget. Just some key photos which are representative would be good. There are many ways to blog too, so invent one!
Posted on: Mar 30, 2007
lisa says:
I'm inspired by your travel blog. You have such great stories and photos, and I think it's a great idea that you sometimes let the photos do the talking. I'm having a difficult time putting together my blog about Ghana! It's quite a daunting task to try to summarize the entire experience into a concise, organized story. Thanks for the idea :]
Posted on: Mar 29, 2007