Day 5- Long Beach

Long Beach Travel Blog

lots of Jelly fish in Long Beach
Today I took a city bus to the Blue metro line to meet up with fellow travbuddy, carpefunk, in his home town of Long Beach, California.

We rented kayaks for the day and started our adventure.  I've kayaked when I was younger and it seemed really easy so I wasn't worried about the physical strain of this activity.  Then I realized that I had only ever kayaked in a 2 person kayak.... So Kayaking was a lot more difficult than I expected.  It was probably the best workout I had all year!

We first paddled throughout the canals seeing beautiful homes with their luxurious boats.  Lots of homes had electric boats which looked like little water taxis to me.  Many had clever names that made me laugh.
Me and Paul Kayaking
  My favorite was "Watts up Dock."  Loved it!

We went to this canal that at the end had hundreds of jellyfish which are there every year.  It was amazing everywhere you looked there were dozens of jelly fish.  On the dock was a marine biologist who told us about the jelly fish and some studies she was doing on their healing abilities.  It was really neat but not a place you would ever want to fall into.  We rested here for a bit looking at them and taking some pictures.

Then we headed to Acopulco's for Drinks and Lunch.  It was delicious, I enjoyed 2 fabulous Pina Colodas and Steak Fajitas.... Yum.  It was fun sharing travel experiences with one another.  My arms rested up and I thought I was ready to adventure back.

The way back was very difficult.... the wind was blowing against us making what was hard even harder.  But I paddled as strong as I could and enjoyed the views as I was paddleing away.  We finally made it back and I thought my arms might fall off.  But all in all it was a lot of fun regardless of my sore and buldging arm muscles.

We then just hung out for a while talking about various things like Harry Potter (one of my favorite things to talk about since i'm obsessed) and music.  I got hooked up with some awesome japanese pop music to listen to on my metro rides back to LA.  It was a great day!
carpefunk says:
That was a fun day! Thanks for visiting :D
Posted on: Sep 05, 2007
Me and Paul Kayaking
Paul, Me, Tom Long Beach.
Paul, Me, Tom Long Beach.
Jelly fish