Day 1- Not quite a tourism day

Westchester Travel Blog

Since my friend just moved to the area and moved into her apartment 2 days earlier, we spent the day running errands to purchase things for her studio apartment.  Before starting the day we stopped at this local donut place with a huge cement donut on the roof.  I got a cream filled donut and it was probably the best donut I've ever had.
After a few hours we had stopped at about 5 stores and got everything on the list of what we needed for the apartment.  We headed home for lunch (I was surprised we accomplished so much before lunch, this summer I've had the bad habbit of sleeping til 2pm).  We made lunch and scrubbed her discusting kitchen floor.  It took quite a bit of elbow greese and multiple steps.  But it was eventually clean enough to wax the floor giving it a beautiful shine.
There was nothing left to do except treat ourselves to pedicures for our hard work.
After, we met up with some friends who moved here after graduation.  We went out to a great resturant, Calendars, and enjoyed a few bottles of wine and great food.  We picked up some beer on the way back to play some drinking games.  We played drinking Uno, which we made up as we went along since a pack of regular cards wasn't unpacked yet.
I felt like I moved out here too and am kind of sad I didn't since it is beautiful weather and fun people to hang out with.

The tourism starts tomorrow!
photo by: imbravo1