Pembrokeshire in Wales

St Davids Travel Blog

Caerfai bay

I'm living in St. Davids now. It's the smallest city in the United Kingdom situated in Pembrokeshire in South Wales. I've moved down here two months ago and from the first day I felt as if I came back home.

I've been living here for nearly half a year 2 years ago and ever since then I always wanted to come back. St. Davids it self is just a small town / big village which happens to have a beautiful cathedral right in heart of the city. You can not really notice the cathedral when your coming to St Davids, not even the tower. The cathedral has been build in the valley, so the city has been growing around it and mostly above the valley. The cathedral is an amazing piece of art, the way it's situated is very unique, which makes it a popular destination for many tourists and locals.

Caerfai bay beach
But what I was longing the most to were the landscapes of Pembrokeshire.

Pembrokeshire is famous for it's beaches and the coast path, that goes around the whole peninsular. Stunning views over Newgale's or Whitesands' beach are one of the kind and hidden beaches like the one in Barafundle Bay are compared with meditarenian ones. Small towns along the shore, like Solva for example, are simply picturesque: tiny cafes, diverse restaurants, shops & galleries, boats floatng on the waters of Solva's Bay.

My favourite place is Caerfai Bay. That's where I can relax and enjoy every minute of never the same views. Narrow bay with white sand beach hidden in between clifs just 15 minutes walk away from St Davids. It's like a giant battery charger for my soul. No matter if I'm down or happy, calm or bursting with energy I always find Caerfai Bay suiting me perfectly. Weather I walk down to the beach, to look for rocks and shells, or I stay up on top of the cliff and stare into blurry horizon, I lose the sence of time, let my thoughts go and enjoy. Enjoy the sun sliding it's warm rays over my face, the wind that caresses my hair, sound of waves hitting rocks.

Enjoy pictures. I will bee uploading sone more asap. :)

BMS says:
You've got some great photos. You the like the UK. I've always wanted to visit Poland.
Posted on: Nov 07, 2007