The Countdown Begins...

Birmingham Travel Blog

Hi Folks,

Well, tomorrow night is The Night! I haven't had a holiday in EIGHT WHOLE YEARS, so I think I've earned this one!

I've still got about a million and one things to sort out, including clothes - which are kind of important. A couple of weeks ago Ian and I went to a big park/nature reserve and I had my first eyeball-to-eyeball encounter with a mosquito - I guess it's a good idea to find out you're semi-allergic to them before you go somewhere with plenty of the little b*ggers!

I'm taking my travel journal with me (of course), and it'll serve the added use of being my unofficial blog until I can find an internet café. Ian's not taking the laptop as the person he uses it to contact is going with him. =o)

I'm so excited about this holiday! We've planned to go to the International Festival of Theatre, Music and Dance in San Javier early next week, we're thinking about going horse-riding in the mountains, and we're also going on trips to Murcia, Lorca and Cartegena. This is as well as doing all the usual "touristy" things - such as going to the beaches and fiestas - plus meeting up with all of Ian's friends who live out there!

So, time for me to go and start making the endless lists that (for me, anyway!) go with going on holiday - lists of clothes, lists of various lotions and potions, lists of lists...

The flight's at 18.30 tomorrow - and I can't wait!

Birmingham