Hospitals, Bingo, Killer Mattress

Ribeirao Preto Travel Blog

Laddy di, Laddy da. Oh Today! Let' see... what occured on this day? Rodrigo was supposed to show up at 11, so we could take Carly to the doctor. She has a pretty bad cold. However, I ended up having to call him around 2:30, he got here at three and we got back a little atfer five. The free clinic was so dirty compared to what we have in the states. There was trash on the ground, paint peeling off of the walls, hand written signs, and it was exremely hot. I did not see anyone wearing gloves, it must have been a playground for bacteria. Rodrigo said it was completely sterile, so I believed him, but, I am just extremely glad that Carly did not need anything major done. In the process of waiting... Rodrigo all of a sudden brought up the births of his children and how they were so beautiful. He then asked Carly and I if we wanted to have children and how many. I most likely shouldn't have felt awkward in this moment, but I did. Maybe because it was so out of the blue. He asked the other girls during English class. Speaking of English class... the team drew 40 pictures to match 40 words. They were taped up on the wall and we used them to play picture Bingo. The English class wrote the word on their cards and we called out a number that corresponded with a picture. In turn the class had to make the connection between the picture and the word. It worked pretty well. We also had them say all 40 words a couple of times, so they could hear the proper way to say them. After the English class, Kaleb attacked Carrie with a mattress. Possibly one of the fnniest things I have seen in a long time. We are trying to figure out a little something to perform on Saturday for the youth group talent show. This process is not coming along very well.
Ribeirao Preto