Clothes drive prep. and Soccer!

Ribeirao Preto Travel Blog

Well, today, no children came to the PEPE (preschool education program). All of the schools were closed today because f the current situation involving the police and the drug dealers. There ended up being a bunch of free time, so, wewent for a walk into town . We just revisited the stores that we saw yesterday. We tried finding newpapers with the current events... but Amanda bought the only one! We ran into Andreas (a girl who helps out with PEPE). She had a baby girl with her and I could not tell if it was her daughter or her sister. We made our way back to the church and took a nap. Rodrigo came over with his family and we separated clothes for a give away/ haircut event happening on saturday. The team gets to run this event. We seprated the clothes into good and bad and then into boys and girls. We were having a lot of fun sorting the items. Vitor (Rodrigo's son) was thrown into the piles of clothes a few times and Josh got dog piled!

At 7:30 a bunch of youth group kids started showing up... believe it or not, we crammed 15 of us into the little volkswagen van and a lot more into a little car! We went to a place to play soccer. What fun we had. The teams were of Brasilian and American. It was not a serious game... all fun and light spirits. The game lasted for about an hour... it really ended not too long after Linsday got pooped on by a bird! The poo somehow got under her shit and onto her neck!! I helped her out and scraped the poo off with my finger... eww! I cannot wait to hang out with the youth group kids again!
Ribeirao Preto