Church and a crazy game of spoons!

Ribeirao Preto Travel Blog

Woke up for church thus morning. It was quite funny because Pastor Carlos spoke and Rodrigo was not there to translate, so we sat there in complete ponderment for 2 hours (ok maybe one hour, but still). After the service we went upstairs to play cards. I taught a game to some kids. Some of the youth group kids wanted to play spoons and since Carrie, Amanda, and I know how to play... we joined in. Little did we know... this would be the most different rendition of spoons EVER!! This involved an incomplete deck of cards and the switching of seats. For some reason this game really tested my patience. It was not even that bad... ugh! I was glad when it ended. The youth group girls made us lunch/ dinner today.. spaghetti, carne, rice, mashed potatos w/ egg. Pretty good stuff. The night service came again and we sang "In the Secret". We also had to stand up and be filmed... again. Pastor Rodrigo brought Josh up to say farewell. He leaves tomorrow at 5am. Pastor Carlos' wife Eunice, started to cry. It was very sweet. It is so crazy how we have made such great connections in 2 weeks! I feel so sad because we only have a week and a half left. I am kind of nervous to go back to life in the states.
Ribeirao Preto