The amazing Malaga:) Now I have been there to study twice...

Malaga Travel Blog

At the beautiful Malageta beach

Just decided to do something different for a change this summer. Since I have been working as a languagetravelteacher the last 5 years, it was about time I was the student:) Decided to go to Malaga, Spain all by myself- and never regretted that!

Arriving, one of the teachers picked me and another student up on the airport, showed us the city and took us to the appartment. Our place were right next to Plaze de la Merched, which is the pub/ resturant area. Nice place, and right  next to everything.

School were on weekdays from 10- 13.40. Since we were only 3 total beginners, we stayed only 3 in our class for the weeks I was there. Almost felt like private tutoring, and our teacher was really good, so picked up a great deal of spanish esp grammars and writing.

Tapas with the other students and teachers
Actually, in the school, they can not have more then 8 students in a class, and there is only room for about 50 students- which makes it even nices- and it is not too crowded!

On Fridays after noons, we also had cultural classes. They were realy interesting; literature, music and spanish custums.

The rest of the days we spend at the beach or shopping, getting ready for the activity of the night. The school had 3-5 suggestions on what to do every day, something was always happening. The school parties were twice a week, eating tapas and drinkijng, or just drinking.  The teachers came along, and of course, expected you to try out your spanish. Great fun:)

We also had excursions to museums, (la casa invisible, picasso museum----) At the picasso museum we actually had an art class at nighttime.

A liter of mohitos
The school offered excursions to Marocco, Sevilla, Grenada... But since I just stayed for 3,5 weeks, I ended up going for a day to Sevilla with some friends from school instead.

Sevilla was different then Malaga. Malaga is this intimit (though- has half a million ppl), autentic, easy to get around, and you don't walk into tourists a lot( for some reason, don't know why- Malaga has beautiful beaches, a nice population, good resturants, good partying and shopping!!). Sevilla is touristy, very cultural, nice, NOT like Malaga at all. At least I got to see the bullfighting arena there, which is whe worlds oldest, and the cathedral - it actually cost  7,50 Euros to go in-my God- I would not pay that much to go in to a cathedral!! But I think Sevilla basically is more expensive than Malaga.

Stine and Maria in the park
And of course- I love Malaga because of its autencity!

The resturants and pubs in Malaga were great! Mondays ( well, any night- we feel in love with the place) at ZZ PUB where there were live music, songs from the 70's, 80's and 90's: good fun. Fraggle Rock and Indiana were also some of the good ones. Going to the local resturant, which was basically in the first floor of our building, we got free champagne whenever we came in, the Elvis bar, the tapas bars- ALL great. Going to the patio in the middle of Plaza de la merched to have a liter of mohitos for 8 euros... It goes on and on...

Wnt back in Febr/ March- another wonderful frip. Met the same teachers, hung out with them and Vinter_ (Stine) and other friends from school. Was there for semana Santa- and the school acutally booked us an apartment in Calle Larios- and we could actually see the parades from out window.

Malageta
  Great- but hard to get to out place- since the streets were packed.

I even think I had a better time then last summer- mainly because I know people and the city, so we were occupied all the time. A lot of partying.... Fraggle Rock in still one of my favourites, but also the tapas- places, the Irish pubs... Everything. Can't wait to go back to study a third time- in the end of June, and will be there for another 5 weeks.... Excited!! Can't wait! If you are there at the same time- let me know and we'll meet up!

kardinal says:
what was the name of the school you went to in Malaga?
Posted on: Feb 09, 2008
At the beautiful Malageta beach
Tapas with the other students and …
Tapas with the other students and…