the long drive

Amity Travel Blog

I am sorry the update here on TravBuddy hasn't been as comprehensive as I would have liked - we have been travelling about with little time to update everyone and everything.

However, we arrived in Appleton and met up with listener Chuck Tomasi from and stayed over at his place for a few days. We visited the national Railroad Museum which was fantastic. The size of the trains was incredible and we have a number of photos of them at on the USA page!

The following day we enjoyed a baseball game. This was a local match between the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and another team from Seattle. It was a great atmosphere and we enjoyed watching the fans get excited as their local team tried to score points.

From Appleton, we head back south to Chicago briefly stopping over night and then the following day picked up a rental car and headed down to St. Louis. Here we met up with another listener, Bob Lucas who took us out briefly to see the dights. It was rainly pretty hard, so we did get do do much in the way of sound recording for the podcast.

This was a short stop, but before we left the following morning, we enjoyed a meal at the Broadwalk Cafe and met Travis Hoffman and April. They were good guys and after a fine pasta dish, headed out with Bob and Travis and April to The Custard Factory. This was the first time we had iced custard. I have to say that it tased yummy and wasn't anything like what I had expected.

The following day, then - today as I write this - Jimmy and I headed further south to Arkansis to meet Charles Stell. I write this on the laptop in the car on route and we are looking forward to meeting the old devil after all this time!

foolz0r says:
Fun Travelblog so far! Glad you liked Chicago... lots of driving though! Hurry out to California and see the beaches =)
Posted on: May 14, 2006