Landed!

Chicago Travel Blog

Well, after a bumpy landing that made me feel the plane was actually going to tip we have landed in Chicago!

WE headed first to heathrow airport where we spent the night waiting for the early morning flight. Terminal 4 just dies at night time and there is nothing to do, nowhere to go and not a drop of coffee to be bought! It was a long and ardorous night, but we made it through and finally boarded the plane at 9am Wednesday morning. The flight took about 8 hours and was tedious. The in flight entertianment had a lot to be desired with tiny video screens, but we had reasonable seat fors Cattle Class being by the emerency exit, so we could at least stretch our legs.

This said, the ecitement to go to the USA was overwhelming that, none of this mattered. Jimmy and I were in good spirits and kept laughing and joking throughout.

The reception committee was amazing! Nicole, Ferdy, Lingo and Phil were there at O'Hare airport with banners, flags and cameras waving with excitement. Phil had his microphone and was recording and it made us feel like superstars as we arrived. Fantastic fun.

That was followed with hugs and kisses and a trip tot he Hooters Bar and scantily dressed young ladies - but more of the that in my next entry!

Richard